Come Grow With Me!
About Private Stock Produce CSA
Are you a veggie lover who would like to enjoy a variety of farm-fresh, lovingly-cared-for, proven delicious vegetables weekly during the summer and early fall?
Then why not come grow with me? Community-supported agriculture (CSA) is a food adventure in which you, the consumer, actively share in the rewards (and, yes, occasionally the nonsuccesses) of growing and harvesting fruits and vegetables with me, your local producer.
Each week, beginning in late spring, I will share with you whatever vegetables I harvest from the farm at that time of the season. For a reasonable prepaid growing and delivery fee, you and I will share the best fruits (and vegetables) of my labors.
More About Me and My Veggies
I am not a certified organic grower. However, any fertilizers, pesticides, or amendments I use are Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) approved. The only spray I initially use to get rid of the grass in my sodded plots is glycophospate (a substance that quickly becomes inert upon contact with the soil).
I am an experienced grower, having grown ornamental perennials as well as my own large vegetable garden for many years. While there is never a guarantee of a full harvest of all my vegetables every season because of the unpredictability of nature, having an experienced gardener on your side at least maximizes the chances we will share an abundant harvest. If there is a shortfall of some produce, I will try to make up for it with other produce to ensure you get a fair return on your dollar.
Rules and Setup
- The 2017 season will extend from May 22 through October 2 (21 weeks).
- Your nonrefundable prepaid share cost is $420 (or about $20 per week). Payments is due on or before May 15, 2017.
- The share amount will be about what 2 vegetable-loving adults would consume in a week.
- You are responsible for picking up your share at the designated time and place. Unused shares will be donated to Food Share.
- My responsibility is to deliver weekly freshly picked, high-quality produce throughout the season. The produce will be picked in its prime -- not overripe and not too immature. Most of the varieties I have selected to grow have been previously trialed for outstanding eating qualities.
Planned Produce for 2016 Season
- Vegetables -- Asparagus, potatoes (new and mature); beets, carrots (baby and mature); onions (green and mature); green beans; kohlrabi; spinach; lettuce (leaf and romaine); peas (snap and shell); tomatoes (cherry and standard); broccoli (main head and side shoots); sweet corn; cucumbers; kale, cabbage, cauliflower; peppers, leeks, Swiss chard; zucchini; winter squash; eggplant, parnsips
- Fruit -- Honeyberries/haskap, gooseberries, plums, raspberries, and strawberries. May also be some newly producing plums and cherries
Future Crops (planted but not yet producing)
If you'd like to come grow with me this season -- or for more information -- don't hesitate to email me at private_stock_perennials(at)bresnan.net or call me at 459-3105.
2017 CSA Blog/Weekly Produce List
(Look for entries beginning about May 20.)